What is the 40 under 40 award?
Farm Journal Media’s 40 Under 40 Awards recognize youngleaders in our industry who will be instrumental in meeting the2050 challenge. We are once again seeking the most innovativepeople in agriculture under the age of 40 – from animal and cropproduction, biotechnology and University researchers, to food andnutrition technology, agricultural equipment, agronomy and beyond.
Who is eligible?
- Produce – production, transportation, fresh cut or processing
- Production – Farm, ranch, feedlot, dairy, pork production unit, crop farm, veterinarians, nutritionists, consultants
- Processors – Beef & pork packers, processors, retailers, milk processors
- Food safety & Research – Businesses or entities that research, develop and implement food safety, food production, quality and awareness initiatives.
- Food transportation – Shipping, trucking and all forms of transportation of animals, commodities and protein food products.
- Organization, Associations – Groups and organizations that serve individuals and businesses within the food system. Ex: Farm Bureau, NCBA, National Pork Board, NPPC, FMI, AMI, AABP, DMI, etc.
- Academia – Universities, Extension, veterinary schools, research (both professionals and students)
- Government and Allied industry – Animal health company associates, commodity traders, advertising agency associates, suppliers, manufacturers of equipment, genetic companies, government agencies (USDA), etc.